The last post of 2010.
Thank you to all who pray for us. I know you get tired of reading this but your prayers are so very important to us. Please don't ever stop praying for us and the work that is going on in South America with our REAP NORTH team. You are a very important part of what God is doing and plans to do in South America.
We have had a blessed time here in Mississippi with our families. On Christmas morning we celebrated with Jeff's mom and family in Petal, MS and later that day we traveled to Brandon, MS to celebrate with Liesa's family. Earlier this week Liesa and Jeff spent two days in New Orleans celebrating 20 years of marriage. We had a great time exploring the French Quarter and eating the best food on the planet. We're back in Petal, MS tonight shooting fireworks and hanging out at Jeff's mom's house. On New Year's Day we'll be at Jeff's brother's house watching some football and playing with Madilyn (Pete and Carrie's daughter.)
We'll try to update as we are able. We're on vacation but are still supporting teams as they contact us with needs...hotel reservations, transportation, etc...so I suppose it's good to be needed. And, we're enjoying visiting with some very special folks in churches while we are here in Mississippi.
Here's some specific prayer requests for you to lift up...
- Please continue to pray for Haylee and her treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis. She is responding well to treatment and we are thankful.
- Please pray for several new works among the people groups of Peru. Please pray specifically for work among the Lamista Quechua. First Baptist Oxford is very close to seeing a new church started in the village of Bella Vista. The Enemy will seek to put a stop to that.
- Please praise the Lord with us for at least 9 new churches started among the people groups of Northern Peru during 2010.
- Please pray for changes to our work that is coming in 2011. Because of IMB funding priorities, several of the positions on our team will not be able to continue. Please pray for wisdom for Liesa and Jeff as we lead our teams in Peru, Bolivia, and Ecuador to adjust to these changes.
- Please pray for us as we travel Mississippi telling about the Lord's work over the next couple of weeks. Pray for those who will hear and respond to God's Call to be Disciplemakers.
Thank you so much for your support of our work through the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering and the Cooperative Program.
Jeff, Liesa, Haylee, and Jackson