Dear praying friends,
Your prayers are THE KEY PART of what God is up to with our family. We experience the power of prayer every day and there are not enough ways to tell you 'Thank You!'. However, in this little space a few times a month we make an effort to do just that. And, we try to give you some new things to pray about.
We have had a busy few weeks but that's pretty normal for us. I was telling a friend the other day how fast life seems to be moving these days. We have just completed two years in Mexico and we're approaching the completion of 7 years of this adventure as a missionary family. You all have had a huge part in all of this. Thank you for 'holding the rope' for us.
We were able to spend a couple of weeks of vacation in Mississippi for Christmas. It is always a blessing to be able to visit with our friends whom we miss so much. We never have enough time to see everyone so we must leave some folks waiting until next time. We are certainly disappointed that we were not able to spend more time in Mississippi.
We are glad to be getting back to 'normal' in Oaxaca. I (Jeff) am sitting at the Houston, TX airport writing this as I wait on a plane to Oaxaca. Missions College 2014 is in the books. Over 120 people received some great training this week to help advance the Gospel to the ends of the earth. It is such an encouragement to be around REAL LIVE SOUTHERN BAPTISTS who love missions and missionaries. It was great to be able to spend some time learning from and teaching people from some great churches.
We're getting back in the swing of things. Here are some prayer requests:
- Immigration. January is our month to renew our residency visas. Please pray for a fast and easy renewal process. In other words, we're asking you to pray for a miracle!
- College. Can you believe it is time for Haylee to begin the process of choosing a college? Please pray for her (and all of us) as we seek God's place for her during the Fall of 2015.
- Unreached People Groups. USA churches will begin planting churches in at least six unreached people groups in southern Mexico during 2014. Would you pray for these USA churches to have discernment and to be led by the Spirit?
- Ongoing ministry. Will you pray for the people groups of CS, CC, CO, CC, MT, CN, ZY, ZTV, and MC? USA churches are working with these groups to plant churches among them.
- Holly, Heather, JD, and Sarah will be joining our team for this semester. Pray for them to have an easy adjustment to life in Oaxaca and that the Gospel will be shared through the relationships that they make.
Thank you for your partnership in prayer and your financial support through the Cooperative Program and the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering.
Until all hear,
Jeff, Liesa, Haylee, and Jackson