Hola from warm and sunny southern Mexico!
Just a quick update to let you know we're still alive and kickin' in Oaxaca. We have been:
- Finishing up a busy school year with Jackson and Haylee. Both of them are great students and have had a wonderful year. But, I know we're all ready for a summer break.
- Welcoming our new teammates: John, Jenny, Caleb, Luke, Elijah, and Hope McLamb. We are so thankful to be able to work together with this great family.
- Preparing for some new assignments. We've been asked to take on some new leadership responsibilities and it is an over-whelming task. We're blessed to have some great leaders around Mexico, Central America, and South America and we plan to serve them as best we can. We're in 'warp speed' mode as we enlarge our focus from Mexico to leadership of work in 16 countries.
- Getting ready for Summer Missionaries! We have 3 students from Mississippi and 11 students from Nehemiah Teams coming to Oaxaca in the next few weeks. Lots to do to prepare for this great crew!
- Celebrating our Spring 2013 students: Jennifer, Ellen, Anna, and Natasha are a huge blessing to us. They have been working hard and have been faithful to the task the Lord has called them to. Four months is really not long enough to do all we want to do but we sure are thankful these ladies gave up their time to come and serve alongside us.
- Getting ready for our Spring Retreat. We'll be headed to the west coast of Oaxaca this weekend for a few days of fun as we prepare for a huge summer.
- Preparing for IWC Oaxaca! We have two weeks of youth camp for high school youth from the USA in July. It looks like we'll have around 80 folks coming down to learn about missions and work alongside some of the local churches and ministries in Oaxaca. We are very thankful for this opportunity.
- Talking with partners. The Father is opening doors to work with some amazing Mexican believers and there are also a good number of USA churches that are being led to plant churches in southern Mexico. We're excited about the opportunities ahead.
We are grateful for your prayers and we thank you for your investment in our lives. You can be praying about the things we have going on. You are a part of the work here when you pray.
Jeff, Liesa, Haylee, and Jackson