Greetings to all of you out there!
Thank you for praying for our family. We are grateful for your partnership.
The first half of November has been very busy for us. We have been encouraged that so many of the Strategy Coordinator Partners that we assist here in Peru have ministry trips this month and in December. This is a blessing because November and December are usually months that many of our ministry partners cannot come to Peru.
Here are some updates from our lives.
- Haylee has been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Obviously we are very concerned but her medical care here is excellent. She is responding well to her treatment and has had several pain free days this week. Please continue to pray that she would be healed from this disease. She is doing great in school, earning all A's last week on her grade report.
- Jackson is growing up fast...trying to get taller than Liesa but he's still just a little bit short. He is doing excellent in school and is enjoying soccer, video games, and avoiding getting dressed on Saturdays. Jackson newest sport is Ping Pong and he's working on perfecting his skills.
- Liesa is doing well. She has been busy working on the logistics for all of our volunteer teams. She has also begun work at a local orphanage one day per week and is loving being a part of that ministry. She has forgiven Jeff for taking the set of keys with the car alarm remote which meant she had to drive the truck around Lima with the alarm going full blast. You can ask her about that story.
- Jeff has had a busy few weeks of travel. There was a trip with Jake Glover on the Amazon River and some tributaries where 4 new unreached people group segments were discovered. A quick trip to Birmingham, Alabama for a meeting of ministry partners. Also, a trip to Ecuador to meet and work with the REAP Ecuador team. Overall, it has been a great month of seeing the Lord do some great things.
- The Future. We continue to pray and wait on the Lord regarding our future. Our 3 year term ends next month but we plan to be in Peru until June. These are days of transition with the International Mission Board and we are waiting to hear where we may be needed in our organization. Of course, we know God is in control, and if He is finished with us here with the IMB then we'll do our best to obey wherever He leads. Liesa and I are both surprised that we lasted this long in a foreign country. Please join us in praying for clarity and wisdom in knowing God's plan for our family. We need help knowing which ministry option is God's plan and is, therefore, God's best for us. Pray for our leadership here at the IMB as they determine ministry needs and personnel placement.
God's Blessings to all of you. Please let us hear from you. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us from the USA on our Mississippi number at 601-914-6705.