God is faithful. That is all we can say as we celebrate what He has done over the past (almost) 4 years as we have served as missionaries. We have failed many times but He has not. We have been impatient but He has not. We have been unsure of things but He has not. Thank you so much to those of you who pray for us. As we finish this term of service as cross-cultural missionaries we know that you were a key component. You can celebrate knowing that you are a part of the the work God has done through us.
These past two weeks have been a busy blur. After a quick trip up the Amazon River to visit with some student missionaries, Jeff returned to Lima and we began the process of packing up the house. Here's what we've been up to:
- The mover's arrived on June 21 to pack things up and all of our earthly belongs were loaded on a truck on June 22. We 'camped out' on cots and sleeping bags for the rest of that week.
- On June 23, our teammates celebrated 2 1/2 great years of ministry in Peru, Bolvia, and Ecuador.
- On June 24, Haylee and Jackson racked up some great accolades at Awards Day at school. We had one last dinner with the Pennington's and Bredbenner's and headed off to the airport.
- June 25. We arrived in Brandon, MS and moved in the VERY NICE missionary home of Crossgates Baptist Church. We have been SO blessed by this great church.
- June 26. Fantastic worship at Crossgates and went to see CARS 2 with the McMinn's (Liesa's sister.) We also picked up a vehicle from Mr. W.C. Young from The Macedonian Call Foundation that we can use during our time in the USA.
- June 27. Got on a plane and flew to Richmond, VA to the International Learning Center for 5 days of wonderful fellowship with other missionaries from around the globe. This was a great week of fun and meetings.
- July 2. We drove to Washington, D.C. and we're here for the weekend with my mom and my brother and his family.
We'll return to Mississippi on July 5 and hopefully will get to see more of our family and friends in Mississippi. Thank you for your prayers! We want to see all of you soon!