Thank you for your prayers for our family. We are so grateful for so many who are investing in this interesting life that God has called us to. It is amazing how God continues to teach us new things all the time and also continue to show us His faithfulness in so many ways.
We've had a busy September!
- Our ministry assignment as Missionaries In Residence at Mississippi College continues to bring huge blessings. We've met some amazing students who God is using now and will use in the future in amazing ways. Liesa and Jeff were responsible for putting together 'Global Opportunity Week' on September 18 to 24. We had a lot of help (Dr. Rankin, Fish, and Jennifer) in making the week a great success as we wanted MC students to consider how they can be involved in disciple-making. We will spend the next couple of weeks following up with students who are trying to understand how they fit into God's plan for making disciples of all nations. We also have some opportunities coming up to lead some of the classes in the Department of Christian Studies that we know will be great. And, please continue to pray every Tuesday at 4 pm as we meet with a group of students from Asia who are interested in learning about Christianity. This is a priority time for us each week and we love what God is doing in the group.
- We have been heavily involved in work on behalf of the IMB. On September 7 we were a part of a conference in Atlanta, GA where over 500 church leaders gathered to learn how they can work among the 3500+ unengaged, unreached people groups around the world. We were able to meet some wonderful folks interested in working in Mexico and we were blessed to see so many of our REAP NORTH partners who are ready to begin new assignments wherever God is leading. We were also a part of the leadership for the Mississippi Missionary Parents' Fellowship. Jeff's mom and Liesa's parents were able to participate this year and it was fun being around so many missionary families. It was good to be able to spend time with some of our wonderful missionary friends who serve in a very challenging place.
- Jeff has been busy speaking at several churches around Mississippi. He's been able to travel all over the state speaking to student groups and meeting with pastors and missions leaders who are interested in joining God in His work around the world. On a recent trip to West Heights Baptist in Pontotoc, Jeff was able to meet some new friends who are from Oaxaca, Mexico where we might be moving to in January 2012. We've enjoyed Skype meetings with future ministry partners and Jeff is looking forward to traveling to Second Baptist Springfield, Missouri on October 5 to meet with their church staff about future work in Southern Mexico.
- Liesa has been busy with duties at Mississippi College and other ministry assignments. She was able to serve at our state WMU camp during a mother/daughter retreat this month. She and Haylee were able to serve together in teaching moms and daughters about the work of missionaries in South America.
- Haylee and Jackson are enjoying life here in Mississippi. Haylee is making new friends and had a good time at Brandon High's homecoming dance. She's got this boy that is calling and texting all the time, too. Jackson is having fun with the youth group at Crossgates Baptist and is learning how to mix it up on the football field. Both are bringing home good grades and are the funnest kids around.
- We have been having a blast at Ole Miss Football games. There's not much good football to see but we have enjoyed being back 'home' in Oxford when we are able. We are grateful to the Morgan's for always having room for us on Saturdays. Jeff went to the Maroon People/LSU game in Starkville a few weeks back with Louis Zinc and it was good to see some good SEC football action and to once again experience the aroma of the Maroon campus.
- Living in the Jackson area has been a blessing. We're able to spend some good times with our families and to catch up with former students who are now dear friends...Jennifer, Kelsey, Lyndsey, Jeremy, Karen, Seth, and the list is endless. We are blessed to have so many friends and family so close to us.
- October will be busy with some really fun stuff going on. The Pennington family is coming to Mississippi to spend a few days with us. We're so looking forward to having them here with us. We've got a date with the Ole Miss BSU this month and we are always happy to spend time with Ole Miss students. The State Fair is kicking off this weekend and we are ready to take in that redneck action. Speaking of rednecks, our Arkansas Razorback friend Jacinda Melson is coming to visit us and we're excited about sharing our indoor plumbing with her. We are traveling to Nashville to the Baptist Global Response conference and we're hoping to learn some new ways to lead our USA partners in ministry. And, we'll be heading up to Knoxville, TN to spend some time with the one and only Chad Williams at Sharon Baptist Church. Sharon Baptist is considering coming to work in Southern Mexico. And the month ends up with the Mississippi Baptist Convention and we'll have a great time representing the IMB amongst the biggest supporters of missions on the planet. And, the Rebels play Alabama, Arkansas, and Auburn this month so it'll be a while before we celebrate a win.
Well, that's about it for us. If you're in central Mississippi please come see us.
Jackson, Haylee, Liesa and Jeff Holeman
Jackson, Haylee, Liesa and Jeff Holeman