Thank you so much to all of you who are praying for us. We are deeply grateful for your investment in our lives.
October has been busy with all kinds of things happening:
- Mississippi College. We are having fun being a part of all that is going on at Mississippi College. Of course, our favorite part is spending time hearing what God is doing in the lives of students. We are blessed to have this assignment during our time in the USA. And, the Baptist Student Union at Mississippi College have plans to come to Southern Mexico in the Spring to minister among the unreached people groups of Oaxaca, Mexico.
- Oct 4. Second Baptist Springfield, Missouri. Jeff traveled to Springfield, Missouri to meet with their mission team about working in Southern Mexico in the future. It was a tremendous time and Second Baptist is committed to embracing an unreached people group in Southern Mexico. They'll begin their ministry in 2012.
- Jacinda Melson. Jacinda is a wonderful part of our family with whom we worked in Peru and Bolivia. Jacinda is beginning a new ministry assignment and we are so thankful that we were able to spend time with her for a few days.
- The Pennington Family. Our dear friends from language school and Peru came to Mississippi to visit. It is always a fun time when Brian, Jen, Jordan, and Trevor are around. We are hoping to be able to get together with them before we all head down the paths God has for our families in the future.
- The State Fair of Mississippi. Good friends. Funnel cakes. Pronto pups. Deep fried Oreos. Biscuits filled with molasses. It was a good time. Thanks Ken Hall for taking us to lunch at the fair and buying us foot-long corn dogs.
- Mistie and Bubba Robinson made a visit to our home here in Brandon and it was so good getting to spend some time with them. We love and miss our Oxford family mucho!
- Haylee's choir at Brandon High had a Fall Concert and Jackson's football team had a road game at Pearl High School (Eat dirt!). Both of our kiddos performed spectacularly!
We have some busy days coming up:
- Mississippi College. On Tuesdays we have been meeting with a group of international students who are interested in learning about Christianity. We're planning a 'Thanksgiving Meal' with them next week and will continue to answer their questions about our faith. We'll also be meeting with MC students who are pursuing ministry-related careers to answer their questions.
- We'll be headed to the Baptist Global Response Training Conference in Nashville. We're looking forward to learning about new ways to help those affected by natural and man-made disasters.
- We'll be spending a weekend with Sharon Baptist Church in Knoxville, TN to prepare them for their work in Southern Mexico in the coming years. We're looking forward to spending time with our friend Chad Williams for a couple of days.
- The Mississippi Baptist Convention is coming up and if you're in the exhibit hall during the convention look for us at the International Mission Board area. We're hoping to see many of you there!
- Liesa's birthday is November 3! Party time.
- RA Day at Mississippi College is coming up on Nov 5. We'll be there along with a guy with snakes. We'll have to be on top of our game to compete with a guy with snakes.
We'll be speaking at several churches during the coming weeks. Here's where we'll be:
- Oct 30. Sharon Baptist Church, Knoxville, TN
- Nov 6. First Baptist Madison, MS
- Nov 13. First Baptist Yazoo City, MS
- Nov 27. Cato Baptist Church, Brandon, MS. / First Baptist Clinton, MS
- Dec 4. Center Grove Baptist Church, Maben, MS / Petal Harvey Baptist Church, Petal, MS
- Dec 18. First Baptist Church, Oxford, MS.
Jeff, Liesa, Haylee, and Jackson