Greetings from HOT Oaxaca, Mexico.
It's so hot down here that birds are using potholders to pull worms out of the ground!
We are so thankful for those of you who are praying regularly for our family and the work that the Father is doing here in Oaxaca. We just finished up a marvelous week with a team from the Ole Miss Baptist Student Union. We are always excited when student teams come our way and, of course, teams from Ole Miss are our favorite. These students learned a lot about missions this week and were able to minister to some of the precious children and adults in Oaxaca. They are on their way back to Mississippi but we are looking forward to having some of these students return in the future.
These have been some busy days for all of us. Haylee and Jackson are ready to finish up their school year. Liesa, Haylee and Jackson will be headed to the Amazon jungles of Peru on June 1 to 12 to minister in a village on the Amazon River. They are so excited about returning to Peru with a gang of friends from Oaxaca Christian School. This will be a wonderful opportunity for kid missionaries to stretch themselves and lead ministry in another country.
Liesa and Jeff have been busy preparing for a summer that is going to be CRAZY FUN! Our summer missionaries have begun arriving and on June 6 we will have 16 students serving with us. In July we'll be hosting over 80 high school students and their leaders for two weeks of loving on the people of Oaxaca. All of these plans take a lot of preparation but we know that all of the work will be worth it at the end.
We are also excited about several churches from the USA coming to Oaxaca on ministry and Vision trips during the next couple of months. The opportunities to minister and plant churches in southern Mexico are so great and the Lord is sending us partners from our USA churches and also helping us to build relationships with our Mexican brothers and sisters. All that we're lacking are hours in the day to get all of the work done!
Let me also remind all of you about the Partner Connect Training Webinars that are offered each Tuesday evening at 7 pm Mississippi Time. You can click HERE to get more info and to sign up for this FREE training that you can access on your own computer.
There is also a great opportunity for you to learn how Prayer is the key component of missions and cross-cultural church planting. We encourage all of our USA partners to send their missions team to one of these training events. Click HERE for more info.
We are so grateful for those who are a part of our prayer team. We send out prayer letters by email periodically. If you don't receive a prayer letter please send us an email to email@example.com and we'll add you to the list.
Current prayer needs:
- Pray for Ellen and Anna as they finish up their semester of service with us. Pray for them to find great places of ministry as they return to the USA.
- Pray for our summer student workers: Mary Kate, Kaylee, Ashley, Alex, Alison, Ashleigh, Bailey, Catherine, Destinie, Joseph, Karen, Katie, Melissa, Nick, Natasha, and Jennifer!
- Pray for a team from Shindler Drive Baptist Church, FL as they begin their church's work among a people group in Oaxaca.
- Pray for Central Baptist Church, NC as they bring a team to lead Sports Outreach in two different areas of Oaxaca.
- Pray for Grace Baptist Church, TN as they send a team of students to minister in Oaxaca.
- Pray for Liesa, Haylee, and Jackson as they travel to Peru with their teammates from Oaxaca Christian School.
We are so thankful for your prayers. And pray for us to find a cool spot in all of this southern Mexico heat!
It's so hot that cows are giving evaporated milk!
Jeff, Liesa, Haylee and Jackson