Greetings from southern Mexico!
We are always blessed by the prayers of so many folks who are praying for us. We continue to see so many open doors among the people groups of southern Mexico. The Father is definitely up to some big things and we're just trying to hang on for the ride. Your prayer support is such an important part of the work. Thank you for praying!
|Driving through the Mixteco region of southern Mexico. Beautiful!|
- Our Fall Hands On students arrived and have been busy getting to know Oaxaca and finding their place of ministry. They have jumped right in to help with some gaps at the school where Haylee and Jackson attend. Pray for Katherine and Sara to have great opportunities to share the Gospel in the coming weeks.
- Our pastor, Eric Hankins, is here this week to kick-off the work of First Baptist Oxford among a Zapotec community. One important project they have is a training program for English teachers. This is a tremendous need among the public schools here and FBC Oxford is helping us launch this training program in southern Mexico.
- A group from southern Georgia was here last week on a Vision Trip. Pray for them as they have returned home and must pray and discern the Father's leading for their churches. Pray that they will be among the many workers that are needed in southern Mexico.
- A Vision Team from Virginia is here this week. They have been on an adventure on the mountain roads of the Mixteco area of Oaxaca. This is an area of great need for the Gospel. Pray for them as they return to Virginia to determine the next steps in their journey.
- We're getting so excited about the arrival of Rebecca and Christy. We have been short-handed for several months and we desperately need new teammates. Rebecca and Christy will arrive on October 5 and will be with us until mid-2016! Pray for them as they begin their work in southern Mexico.
- Jeff's mom arrives on Saturday, September 6. She'll be with us for six weeks and will be filling in at Haylee and Jackson's school as well as having some fun with us. Pray for her as she comes to visit.
- We have a new boss: David Platt! Many of you will know that David came as a part of a DiscipleNow at First Baptist Oxford in 2006. Our paths crossed several times as we worked in East Asia with college students at FBC Oxford. Now, he is El Presidente! We are very excited and look forward to serving with him.
Please join us in praying for these updated prayer requests!:
- Our Stateside Assignment will begin in July/August 2015. We will be living in Oxford, MS for several months. Please pray with us to find a place to live and for some type of ministry to plug into while we are home in Oxford. We're looking forward to spending some quality time with our Oxford family.
- Pray for Haylee as she makes her decision about college. Pray that she will be in the best place to prepare her for the great days ahead that the Father has planned.
- Pray for the people groups of southern Mexico. Pray that the effort to plant churches would advance and that strong disciples would be made.
Thank you so much for your prayer support and your financial support through the Cooperative Program and the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering.
Jeff, Liesa, Haylee, and Jackson