|Sunset from our neighborhood in Oaxaca, Mexico.|
Hola! from southern Mexico.
Thank you for your prayer support over the past few weeks! Your prayers are a huge part of the work going on in southern Mexico. Here are some updated prayer requests! (You can click on the photos to enlarge them.)
UPDATE! Thank you for praying for the team from a local church in Oaxaca who went to Guatemala last week. Liesa and Jeff assisted in training and sending this group and they had a great trip and were able to help a new church plant, see new believers, and train leaders. It was a great experience and we're excited about hearing from the team over the next few days.
New Prayer Requests:
- Pray for Second Baptist Springfield, MO as they send a team to provide some encouragement and training to pastors. They will be meeting with pastors in several different people groups: Chontal, Mixtec, and Zapotec. Pray for safe travel, good health, and the ability to communicate clearly across several language barriers.
- On April 20, at least six language groups will be meeting in Oaxaca for several days of crafting the Bible into oral story sets for each language group. This is a huge project that will enable the Gospel to begin to be heard and understood among people who speak different languages and do not read. The Bible stories will be recorded and leaders from each language group trained on how to get the Bible to everyone, everywhere. Obviously, there are lot of needs for prayer so please cover us as much as possible in prayer.
- Karen Eaton (formerly Karen Smith) will be bringing a group of students from Texas State University to Oaxaca in May. Karen served faithfully in Oaxaca a couple of summers ago and we are excited about her returning with friends. Karen made a huge impact on the lives of several families while she was here. Pray for a great time of ministry for her team.
- So far we have a team of 19 summer students coming to Oaxaca during June and July. Please pray that these students will be ready for the task to which the Father has planned for them. Pray for their personal preparation and that the financial resources will be available to each one so that they can come and minister in Oaxaca.
- On July 31 we will be headed to Oxford, MS for ten months of Stateside Assignment. There is so much to do before we re-locate. Pray for leadership to be in place so that the work here will not be delayed. Pray for a home in Oxford to be located that will be a good, temporary refuge for us.
- Haylee begins her Mississippi College career in late August. Pray for the financial resources to be provided and for the details to come together as Haylee begins this new chapter.
You all are a blessing! Thank you for your prayer support and your financial support to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering and the Cooperative Program.
Jeff, Liesa, Haylee, and Jackson
|Pray for villages like this in southern Mexico who need to hear|
and understand the Gospel.