Greetings to all of you out there!
Thank you to all who have been faithfully praying for us. Oswald Chambers is quoted, "Prayer does not fit us for the greater work, prayer is the greater work. That is something that we experience daily here in South America. Your prayers are a vital part of the work of missionaries around the world.
October and November are going to be a very busy months as several of our Strategy Coordinator Church partners will be coming to work in Peru this month. We will be traveling to Bolivia for training with the REAP Bolivia team, to Alabama for a meeting with some of our Strategy Coordinator Partners, to the Amazon Basin for more research, to Ecuador for training with the REAP Ecuador team, and to Northern Peru for a research trip.
This past week Jeff was able to travel to Iquitos, Peru (on the Amazon River in Northern Peru) for some meetings with pastors and missionaries from that area. There are some exciting doors opening in this part of our world. Please pray for opportunities for Uncontacted, Unengaged, Unreached People Groups to be presented an opportunity to hear the Gospel. Some amazing things could happen over the next few months!
Liesa has been busy keeping up with financial stuff for our teams in Peru, Bolivia, and Ecuador. She also has been busy helping our SC partners with logistical planning for the ministry projects in Peru. And, she has begun volunteering at an orphanage one morning per week and that has been a BIG blessing.
Your prayers for Haylee and Jackson have been a huge blessing. They both did wonderful on their recent grade reports. They both are doing very well here and God is growing them into some really special people. Haylee has a guitar recital coming up in a few weeks and Jackson continues to develop into a great soccer player. Please pray for them to continue to grow in their relationship with Jesus.
Please pray for:
- Opportunities to get the Gospel to people groups with no access. Please pray for opportunities to train Peruvian nationals who can then gain access to these people groups.
- We have several people groups who need a church or association to begin work with them. Pray for more churches to serve as Strategy Coordinator Churches.
- Giving to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering. Pray about what you will give.
- Recruitment of college student missionaries for Summer 2011.
- Safe travel for us over the next few weeks.