Lots to catch you up on.
We are excited to be celebrating Haylee's 15th Birthday today! It was wonderful today to be joined by many of her closest friends for lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant in Oxford. All of you know that Haylee is such a blessing to so many. It has been good to celebrate with her today!
|Haylee and the cousins (minus Hayden) in 2007.|
- Haylee and Jackson are doing great. They are enjoying school and making good friends here in Brandon, MS. Jackson is learning to be elusive on the football field and hopefully, will learn how to deliver some punishing blocks from his wide receiver position very soon. Haylee is doing great...taking guitar lessons...texting...listening to music...all that teenager stuff. Thank you for praying for them.
- Liesa and Jeff are serving at Mississippi College as Missionaries In Residence for the Fall Semester. Things have been wonderful as we're meeting students and finding different places of ministry. One great opportunity we have is on Tuesday afternoons with International Students as we discuss Christianity during International Student Chapel. This is something that we really enjoy because the students from a large East Asian country are eager to listen but many do not believe in God and have no concept of a personal relationship with Him. We are loving this opportunity God has set before us.
- Liesa and Jeff also have duties with the International Mission Board during our Stateside Assignment. We were in Atlanta earlier this week for a meeting of churches interested in working with unreached people groups around the globe. There were over 500 folks at the meeting! It seems God is stirring the hearts of many of the churches in the Southern Baptist Convention to be even more involved in reaching to the uttermost parts. Even more exciting is that some in the world's largest mission sending agency are willing to work with them. These are exciting days!
- We've been able to spend some time with our families and friends. We're blessed with so many folks that love us. It has been fun to catch up and be a part of their lives again. The hardest part of serving so far away from home is missing so many 'family moments.' But, it sure makes things a lot sweeter when you're back in middle of them. We won't ever take them for granted.
- Church. Being a part of church in the USA has been such a blessing. We really did not realize how spiritually worn-out we were. It has been refreshing to be able to be challenged by God's Word and to enjoy worship in our heart-language.
Thank you to all who pray regularly for us! You are a blessing to us in so many ways.
Jeff, Liesa, Haylee, and Jackson Holeman