Just a quick update. Things have been busy, busy in our lives.
- Haylee is doing great and is enjoying high school. She's involved in the the youth group at Crossgates Baptist and is continuing to take guitar classes. Some boy keeps calling her and texting her alot. Not sure what that is all about. :-)
- Jackson continues to do well. His first football game is today so we're ALL worked up about that. He is enjoying our time in the USA, making new friends, finding ways not to do homework, and all those things jr. high boys do.
- Liesa and Jeff are busy with Missionary In Residence duties at Mississippi College and also sharing with churches and other groups about the things God has done in South America. Last weekend we led a session for the Mississippi Missionary Parents Fellowship. That was big fun. We have also enjoyed finding and spending time with other missionaries from around the world who are also on stateside assignment.
We have some busy days ahead that you can be praying with us about:
- Today, Sept 22 is our final GO! Week chapel at Mississippi College. Jennifer Smith and Fish Robinson will be leading and it's gonna be goooood.
- Next week we have meetings with area pastors regarding the 'embrace' initiative the IMB is currently promoting so that the remaining 3500+ unreached people groups in the world will hear the Gospel.
- Liesa is leading a retreat for girls at Camp Garaywa on Sept 30 to Oct 1. Pray for her as she prepares and leads this training opportunity for young girls.
- On Monday, Oct 3 we'll be meeting with the high school seniors at West Heights Baptist Church in Pontotoc, MS to talk about disciple-making, missions, and their partnership with us on the mission field in the future.
- On Oct 5, Jeff is off to Second Baptist Church, Springfield, MO to meet with them about a partnership with us in the future.
- On Oct 6 to 11, the PENNINGTON'S ARE COMING TO VISIT! Hooray! The Pennington's are our dear friends from Peru who are also on stateside assignment.
- On Oct 10, Liesa and Jeff will be speaking to the Woman's Missionary Union at First Baptist Meridian, MS. We're excited about this great opportunity.
In the midst of all of those special events we have our ministry opportunities at Mississippi College. Please be in prayer for a group of 5 students from East Asia that we are meeting with on Tuesdays at 4 pm. These students are learning about Jesus for the very first time. Please pray that we will love unconditionally and proclaim the Gospel wisely.
Thanks for your partnership and for 'holding the rope.'
Jeff, Liesa, Haylee and Jackson