Greetings from southern Mexico! Thank you to each of you who are praying for the people here and for our family. We are so grateful for you 'holding the rope'.
Summer 2012 is in the books and we've seen the Father do some great things. Most of the time we've just been blessed to be at the right place at the right time to see God do great things. As we told our semester missionaries yesterday, 'If you're looking for missionaries who've got it all together and know all the answers, then you've come to the wrong place.' We are woefully inadequate to do what God has called us to do but we are very confident knowing if we put our lives in His hands, then He will get His work done. And He does.
I Corinthians 1 reminds us:
26 For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth, 27 But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong. 28 God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, 29 so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. 30 And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness, and sanctification and redemption, 31 so that, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."
We have a busy few months coming up. Please join us in praying for these requests:
- Pray for students from the Baptist seminary in Oaxaca who will be going out to communities where our national and USA partners have been working. It is a huge blessing to be able to work with these students.
- Pray for our four Hands On semester students who are here in Oaxaca until December. D, K1, K2, and A need your prayers as they learn the culture here, fall in love with the people, and find the place the Father has for them.
- We will be welcoming teams from Missouri, Texas, South Carolina, and Mississippi over the next few months. Please pray for the preparation that must be done for these teams.
- Haylee and Jackson have begun a new, challenging school year. Pray for them as they adjust to school.
- Pray for the many communities here that need churches planted among them. Pray that the Father will lead us to the right places.
Thank you for your prayers and your financial support through the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering and the Cooperative Program.
Jeff, Liesa, Haylee, and Jackson