Thank you so much for your prayers over the past few weeks. Your prayers are very important to the work here and we're grateful for your partnership as you 'hold the rope'.
Here's a few highlights from September:
- We celebrated Haylee and Jeff's birthdays this month. Thank you for the many birthday wishes!
- We have four Hands On semester students here until December. They are a huge blessing and are involved in teaching English, tutoring at the school, loving on kids at a children's home, leading Bible studies for Kid Missionaries, and finding random places that even Liesa and Jeff have yet to discover.
- A Vision Team from a church in Louisiana is partnering with a Mexican worker in engaging the SFU people group. The church has excellent leadership and we are thankful for the commitment they are making to this people group.
- The JEEP LIBERTY is back! You may remember that the JEEP died on August 5 and has been on life support ever since. We have been waiting on parts from the USA for several weeks. Finally, we can get out to our people group assignments again.
- The ESL classes that the Hands On workers are leading are going very well. We have partnered with our church to offer classes two evenings per week. We have classes for kids and for adults. We are praying for relationships to be developed through these classes that will lead to more Mexicans involved in missions.
October will be a busy month. Please pray for these:
- PartnerConnect Training. Jeff will be leading a webinar entitled, 'Missions and Ministry' on Tuesday, October 2 at 7 pm Mississippi Time. This training class is for EVERYONE and we'd love for you to participate. Go to this website to register: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/204183810. If we get finished with our assigned topic we'll also discuss SEC football.
- Our dear friends from College Street Baptist Church in Walhalla, SC will be coming to Oaxaca on October 4 to 9. Randy and Sharon and their crew have been so good to us over the years and we're excited about working with them again.
- A Vision Team from a church in Texas will be coming to southern Mexico later this month. Pray for the Father's plan to be made known to them.
- Kelsey is getting married on October 27! Jeff will be traveling home to Oxford to officiate the wedding of Kelsey and John Robert. Jeff is hoping his officiating skills will be better than the replacement officials that the NFL was using. We'll see!
May the Father bless each of you as you are such a blessing to us!
Jeff, Liesa, Haylee, and Jackson