2013 International World Changers Oaxaca -- Week One!
We just sent 56 students and adults back to the USA after a great week of missions and ministry. We are grateful for the folks from Alabama, Tennessee, and Illinois who came and loved the wonderful people of Oaxaca for a few days.
Highlights of the week:
- A part of the city of Oaxaca that was very resistant to a new church start is now asking for more of our mission teams to come and work in their area. BIG BLESSING!
- A part of the city of Oaxaca where there is a new church being started saw over 60+ kids attend the English Camp each day this week.
- Several of the students who were a part of the week have now committed to being involved in missions in the future...including the possibility of career missions service.
Your prayer support helped make all of those things happen. Please continue to pray for:
- Another group of 33 International World Changers will arrive on Monday night, July 22. Please pray for safe travel, good health, and great opportunities for ministry.
- Haylee and Jackson are enjoying some vacation time in the USA. Pray for their safety and for some great times with friends and family.
- We have several Vision Trips coming up with churches from the USA who will be investigating some of the indigenous communities of the state of Oaxaca where there are no churches. Pray for wisdom for all of us to know where to join the Father in His work.
Finally, we are thankful for the faithfulness of Southern Baptists who give so generously to the Cooperative Program and the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering. We are able to work with teams from the USA with the only objective being telling people about Jesus. We don't have to have a time with our USA teams asking for money or telling them we have great financial needs. We don't have to travel to the USA and plead our case for funds from donors. We are only focused on the task here and that is a blessing. Many missionaries not with the International Mission Board have huge burdens of fund-raising. Thank you so much for your financial support!
Jeff, Liesa, Haylee, and Jackson