We have had a great and busy week here. We have a group of college students from South Carolina here this week ministering through medical work and we also have a group from Virginia as well. On Friday, March 13 we have 3 groups arriving to work in different areas. So, things are busy but The Gospel is being proclaimed so all is very, very good.
Jeff is leaving at 5 a.m. today (Sunday, March 8) for a research trip in Northern Peru. This is in advance of First Baptist Oxford coming in April. The Lamista Quechua live in the area around Tarapoto on the eastern slope of the Andes in the high jungle area of northern Peru.
Haylee and Jackson are adjusting to a demanding new school. Their new school here in Lima is more advanced than what we were used to in Costa Rica so we've been playing 'catch up' on some areas. But, all is good and they are excited about being back in school. On Fridays their school has an AWANA program so that is something they are very excited about.
We are sad that our team mates, Diago and Dana Reyes are leaving us this week to return to the U.S. for medical reasons. Please pray for them and their two sons as they return to the States.
We are also saying 'See You Later' to Jack and Beth Sheridan. They are heading to Texas after serving with REAP North Peru for over two years. Jack and Beth are some of the hardest working missionaries you will ever meet. Their passion for their work is simply amazing. We will miss them but know they are excited to get home to the grandkids and the farm. We hope to see them again in the future here in Peru!
Thank you all so much for your investment in the work here in Peru! Please pray for...
- Haylee and Jackson as they continue to adjust to their new school. Pray especially for Jackson as he has a lot of catching up to do in math.
- Pray for Liesa as she is at home in Lima this week while Jeff is traveling.
- Pray for safe travel for Jeff and Boots as they travel the roads of Peru doing research.
- Pray for Diago and Dana Reyes and their two boys returning to the U.S.
- Pray for Jack and Beth Sheridan as they return to the U.S. after serving faithfully in Peru.
- We need more student summer missionaries this summer!
- Pray for our mission teams working with us here this week and those arriving next week.