|The city of Oaxaca, Mexico.|
Thank you to all of you who so faithfully pray for our family. You are such a blessing. We wish you could all see the impact that your prayers have on every part of our lives as missionaries. Amazing.
Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God. Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of you with joy, for you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now. Philippians 1:3-5
We are here in southern Mexico in the city of Oaxaca. We are learning our way around and we are really enjoying getting to know the people and places of our new city. We certainly miss many people in Peru but Oaxaca is a special, special place. We cannot wait for all of you to come and visit us here.
Oil and perfume rejoice the heart; so does the sweetness of a friend's counsel that comes from the heart. Proverbs 17:9
We are in a temporary apartment while we search for the house that God has for us here. Haylee and Jackson have begun classes at their new school, Oaxaca Christian School. Amazon (the amazing Peruvian dog) is alive and well here in southern Mexico. She's staying with some of our dear friends until we can find a pet friendly casa. Liesa and Jeff are busy getting our new lives going. We hope to have some type of 'normal life' one day soon.
do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
We do miss our family and friends in Mississippi and Peru and around the world so much. But we are at peace knowing that the Father has us here for a reason. We will search for where He is working here and join Him in His work. We did not arrive here with some grand plan but we are simply trusting Him to guide our steps to the right people and the right places.
For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. Romans 8:6
Please join us in praying for these requests:
- That the people of southern Mexico will have the opportunity to hear about Jesus in a way that they can fully understand the Gospel.
- Pray that we will be faithful to the vision God has given us for ministry: A multitude of disciples among all peoples of southern Mexico equipped to fulfill the Great Commission to the ends of the earth.
- Open doors for ministry here in this very spiritually dark place.
- Our families in the USA who must adjust to life with us here in Mexico.
- Partners from the USA who are committed to doing missions in a responsible way.
- Haylee and Jackson adjusting to a new life, new school, new friends.
- Finding the house that God has for us.
- Favor with immigration officials so we can receive our long-term visa.
And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. I John 5:14
Please allow us the honor of praying for you. Send us your requests at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our USA phone number is unchanged. 601-914-6705. That's a Mississippi number. Call us.
Get SKYPE on your computer so we can talk face to face.
Go ahead and plan your trip down to Mexico to see us. We want you to come and you will certainly be able to pray better if you see the precious people that we would like to have join us around God's throne.
Love you all,
Jeff, Liesa, Haylee, and Jackson.
|Catholic building on the plaza in Oaxaca.|