We are so grateful for so many of you who are 'partners' in the work here in southern Mexico. Your prayer support is of utmost importance and your giving to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering and through the Cooperative Program is a huge blessing. Thank You!
We just wanted to give a quick update to our prayer requests from last week.
- That the people of southern Mexico will have the opportunity to hear about Jesus in a way that they can fully understand the Gospel.
- Your prayers are helping us see the 'hidden things' that we must understand in order to communicate the Gospel.
- Please continue to pray that we will learn the culture here so that we can communicate effectively the message of hope.
- Pray that we will be faithful to the vision God has given us for ministry: A multitude of disciples among all peoples of southern Mexico equipped to fulfill the Great Commission to the ends of the earth.
- Your prayers are strengthening our determination and deepening our desire to work hard among the people of southern Mexico.
- Please continue to pray for this important need. We must stay focused on our task. It is so easy to be distracted from our main task by really good things. One reason southern Mexico is still in need of the gospel is because good things are being done instead of the BEST things.
- Open doors for ministry here in this very spiritually dark place.
- Your prayers are creating 'divine appointments' where we are able to meet folks that God wants us to connect with. An example is last week we were looking for good hotels for volunteer teams to use. God led us to a great place with a very friendly manager and staff.
- We must build relationships. Pray for this to happen.
- Our families in the USA who must adjust to life with us here in Mexico.
- Our families in Mississippi are our biggest cheerleaders. Your prayers give them a sense of call to this task, too.
- Please continue to pray for our families in Mississippi.
- Partners from the USA who are committed to doing missions in a responsible way.
- Your prayers are being used by God to send us USA partners who want to make an eternal impact beyond the traditional methods of building a building or sending cash.
- Please pray for God to call out Southern Baptist churches who have a desire to reach southern Mexico with the message of hope.
- Haylee and Jackson adjusting to a new life, new school, new friends.
- Haylee and Jackson are making good friends. Your prayers have led them to a Wednesday night Bible Study for teenagers. And, there's frozen pizza here!!! :-) Small to you...BIG to us!
- Please continue to pray.
- Finding the house that God has for us.
- Your prayers are helping us to find the best house for our family. We have negotiated a contract and are waiting for approval from our attorney. Doing all of this in Spanish is a challenge! :-) And, we are blessed to have our dear friends who are keeping Amazon (our dog) for us while we house hunt.
- Please continue to pray for this house-hunting process.
- Favor with immigration officials so we can receive our long-term visa.
- Your prayers have allowed us to find favor with immigration officials who are very helpful. We should find out more info on Friday.
- Please continue to pray for the long-term visa process. We cannot get our furniture from Peru until we have our long-term visa.
Thank you so much for your help through prayer!
Please also pray for Jeff as he travels to an unreached people group over the next few days with a friend from California. Pray that we'll get good research done and that a 'Person of Peace' will be located so that the message of hope can reach these people.
You are a blessing!
Jeff, Liesa, Haylee, and Jackson.